Currently looking for a Preconstruction Director for a client based out of Atlanta, GA. This is a very large, well established GC who plans on making a big run in the Atlanta market in 2021. Would be third in command, right off the bat, and would have the opportunity to be a top dog in the company. The ideal candidate will obviously have a pre con and estimating background, with experience in multi use, healthcare/hospitals, education/schools, high rise, etc. Also looking for someone who is familiar with the Atlanta market. Top pay, full benefits, 401k, etc.
– Reviews project plans, requirements and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and determine scope of work, labor and equipment costs.
– Identifies, organizes and prepares estimates for multiple delivery systems to ensure a complete and competitive bid. Prepares accurate and well-crafted bids/proposals that result in competitive awarded contracts that are profitable and maintain quality standards.
– Leads and coordinates teams of estimators to develop a multidisciplinary estimate; leads self-performed, hard bid, negotiated and conceptual estimating teams.
– Reviews and understands all bid documents including project logistics and schedule to assess project risks and advise project management on bid alternatives and techniques. Identifies and exploits key parts of the bid.
– Prepares bid packages involving comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids. Involves advanced understanding of historical project information including self-performed work. Leads responses to RFPs ensuring that company is positioned as a bidder of choice for future work.
– Builds relationships with subcontractors, architects, engineers and owners ensuring that company is positioned as a builder of choice.
– Coordinates with project sponsorship on schedule, general condition, and final bid preparation.
– Conducts turnover/debriefing meeting upon project award/completion with estimating, engineering and operations teams to evaluate positive aspects of the project as well as lessons learned
– Verify, coordinate and underwrite with sponsorship the organization and assembly of all required documents for bid submission (i.e., Bond, required signatures, required DBE/MBE/WBE/SBE forms).
– Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
– 8 – 10 years of experience or College Degree with 7 years of previous preconstruction estimating experience
– Able to perform all duties of an Estimator and Senior Estimator. Understands the competition. Has contacts in the market that will help provide advantages to our bid. Engages and coordinates with Sponsorship on the bid. Understands Costs and Market Conditions. Understands the risks and rewards. Works with the team.
– Exposure to Preconstruction stage of a building project is necessary.
– Proficient in all applicable estimating software.
– Identifies key issues and relationships.
– Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner.
– Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
This website stores data such as cookies to facilitate fundamental site functionality and marketing, personalization, and analytics. By remaining on this website, you indicate your consent....Read More
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.